Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Fallon is surrounded by wide-open spaces, internationally known wetlands, historic Pony Express trails, state parks, hiking opportunities, and places to go off-road. Play outdoors for a while then come back into town for some indoor, Nevada-style fun, great dinner, and entertainment.
As a Senior EVS Associate at Banner Churchill Community Hospital, you will be a floor technician helping with cleaning the floors, utilizing our machines, waxing, mopping, and more! This is a full-time 32 hour a week position. The ideal candidate will have some experience running a floor machine as well as experience with waxing floors. If you're looking to become a part of a great team to utilize your experience in floor cleaning, this role is for you - apply today!
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 25-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon - a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe - offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts heavy cleaning and floor care work such as carpet cleaning, stripping/refinishing hard floor surfaces, and special projects. Operates and maintains power cleaning equipment and responds to assigned service requests such as project cleaning, equipment removal, trash or linen removal. Sets an example of excellent customer service while maintaining a safe and clean environment and identifying safety issues related to housekeeping.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds promptly to all requests for cleaning services via computerized and paper based tracking systems. Conducts requested work, such as removal, replacement, cleaning of equipment and furniture, or cleaning of an area. Maintains reports by keeping task and infection control logs of completed daily tasks and events, and documentation required for the request tracking system. Focuses on, and serves as a role model of, responsive customer service.
2. Performs specialty cleaning and infection control functions in specialized areas such as clinical areas, surgical suite, Cath lab, specialty rooms, and sterile areas. Conduct specialized gowning and cleaning procedures specific to infectious elements in isolation rooms. Maintains proper Infection Control cleaning standards at all times, including hand hygiene requirements.
3. Maintains cleanliness and operational functioning of department equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needed repairs. Protects equipment from damage by proper use and properly logs out and in equipment that is used.
4. Assesses environmental conditions to ensure that the facility is neat, clean, safe and orderly. Anticipates and resolves clutter and safety issues. Exercises judgment in deciding which problems need to be quickly referred to a Supervisor for assistance. Maintains communication with immediate supervisor and/or facilities services staff, about status of repair completion in the facility; follows up as assigned.
5. Provides leadership for less experienced associates. May assist with on-the-job training for other staff in cleaning techniques, chemical usage, supply restocking, and infection control procedures including hand hygiene. Focuses on and serves as a role model of responsive customer service.
6. Performs scheduled floor care procedures including dust mopping, mopping, stripping and refinishing, burnishing, and carpet extraction. Calculates quantities and mix ratio of cleaning chemicals.
7. Works under regular supervision within assigned facility. Internal customers include staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired over one to two years of diversified environmental service work experience in a health care or institutional setting. Must have a working knowledge of how to operate typical industrial cleaning equipment and the use of cleaning techniques appropriate to the healthcare environment. Must have basic math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to provide instructions and information to others. Must be able to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal and written instructions. Must accomplish assigned work despite frequent interruptions and changing priorities, and have the ability to multi-task in coordinating several projects simultaneously. Must serve as a role model to others in customer service skills, safe work practices, and infection control including hand hygiene. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Basic computer skills are helpful. Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.