You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
At Banner University Medical Center, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. You will work alongside a group of dedicated physicians and staff that perform some of the most state-of-the-art procedures that exist anywhere in the country.
Banner University Medical Center, has a great opportunity for a Housekeeping EVS Associate - OR. We are looking for hard working individuals who will be responsible for ensuring our facilities appearance is top notch. In this role, you'll be responsible for cleaning patient areas, public areas, floors, surgical areas, and/or clinics. Our housekeepers are a very important part of our hospital staff. If you want to be part of a great team that makes a difference in the lives of our patients, apply today for this opportunity.
Full time: 40 Hours/Week | Day Shift | 7am-3:30pm varied schedule
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts heavy cleaning and floor care work such as carpet cleaning, stripping/refinishing hard floor surfaces, and special projects. Operates and maintains power cleaning equipment and responds to assigned service requests such as project cleaning, equipment removal, trash or linen removal. Sets an example of excellent customer service while maintaining a safe and clean environment and identifying safety issues related to housekeeping.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds promptly to all requests for cleaning services via computerized and paper based tracking systems. Conducts requested work, such as removal, replacement, cleaning of equipment and furniture, or cleaning of an area. Maintains reports by keeping task and infection control logs of completed daily tasks and events, and documentation required for the request tracking system. Focuses on, and serves as a role model of, responsive customer service.
2. Performs specialty cleaning and infection control functions in specialized areas such as clinical areas, surgical suite, Cath lab, specialty rooms, and sterile areas. Conduct specialized gowning and cleaning procedures specific to infectious elements in isolation rooms. Maintains proper Infection Control cleaning standards at all times, including hand hygiene requirements.
3. Maintains cleanliness and operational functioning of department equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needed repairs. Protects equipment from damage by proper use and properly logs out and in equipment that is used.
4. Assesses environmental conditions to ensure that the facility is neat, clean, safe and orderly. Anticipates and resolves clutter and safety issues. Exercises judgment in deciding which problems need to be quickly referred to a Supervisor for assistance. Maintains communication with immediate supervisor and/or facilities services staff, about status of repair completion in the facility; follows up as assigned.
5. Provides leadership for less experienced associates. May assist with on-the-job training for other staff in cleaning techniques, chemical usage, supply restocking, and infection control procedures including hand hygiene. Focuses on and serves as a role model of responsive customer service.
6. Performs scheduled floor care procedures including dust mopping, mopping, stripping and refinishing, burnishing, and carpet extraction. Calculates quantities and mix ratio of cleaning chemicals.
7. Works under regular supervision within assigned facility. Internal customers include staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired over one to two years of diversified environmental service work experience in a health care or institutional setting. Must have a working knowledge of how to operate typical industrial cleaning equipment and the use of cleaning techniques appropriate to the healthcare environment. Must have basic math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to provide instructions and information to others. Must be able to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal and written instructions. Must accomplish assigned work despite frequent interruptions and changing priorities, and have the ability to multi-task in coordinating several projects simultaneously. Must serve as a role model to others in customer service skills, safe work practices, and infection control including hand hygiene. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Basic computer skills are helpful. Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.