Nurses play a critical role in patient care. They're the smiling faces patients see when they're sick; they're advocates for the patients and their families. Truly, they are the heartbeat of a hospital. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Great options and great opportunities.
Banner University Medical Center Tucson received Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center certification in October of 2019. With this certification, the inpatient stroke service volume and number of acute stroke interventions has increased over the past year. BUMCT is the only Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Southern Arizona and the UA/BUMCT Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease Program is the only academic medical center with a dedicated stroke fellowship and academic clinical research program. This exciting opportunity will allow your talent to shine as this position will support marketing and continuous outreach to build up the outpatient referral practice for Neuroendovascular interventions, establish a more robust presence of our program in southern Arizona, coordinate referrals and outpatient follow ups for the elective practice in conjunction with inpatient and outpatient staff, and develop a comprehensive patient database that can be used for ongoing clinical research.
Bring your experience to this amazing team and let us grow together!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position develops and manages specialty programs within the organization. Provides leadership of the program, performing a variety of activities to establish the organization as a center of excellence for their practice area.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assesses market to obtain data on new programs and information available regarding area of practice. Recommends and implements programs with potential short and long term financial viability. Develops identified programs in conjunction with multi-disciplinary partners.
2. Educates staff, physicians, patients and families, students and lay community. Develops strategies to implement evidence-based practices.
3. Acts as a champion for their area of practice, actively promoting concepts and approaches with clinicians to ensure growth of the program, positive influence of physician practice patterns and achievement of desired outcomes.
4. Engages in clinical and professional leadership and research activites, such as hospital-based committees, community, regional and/or national organizations and specialty-based program development.
5. Maintains accountability for financial tracking of the program. Assures collection of appropriate data to effectively gauge the impact of the program.
6. Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
7. May participate in grand rounds in their area of practice.
8. Directly responsible for achieving positive growth. Focus on building professional relationships with referral sources, communicating feedback on service delivery from these sources and championing their practice area. Works with internal and external customers to promote teamwork, mutual understanding of business needs, creativity and open information sharing. Customers include employees and medical staff, staff and community physicians and members of the community.
Experience or education equivalent to a Bachelors in Nursing.
Current RN Licensure in state of practice.
Two to five years clinical experience in area of expertise. At least two years of experience in education, with a focus on adult learners.
Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication, be self-directed and able to work independently, as well as on teams. Demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management and oral/written presentations.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS MSN preferred. Prior experience in marketing preferred. Professional certification in specialty preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.