Oncology Hematology Care (OHC) is currently accepting resumes for a Research Manager to join the team at our Blue Ash office. This is an exciting opportunity for a strong leader to help take our nationally recognized Clinical Research Department into the future. We are seeking a collaborative and passionate individual to manage the administrative sectors of our clinical trials team, including data management, regulatory compliance, financials, and quality assurance.
This is an exempt management position. This role supervises the clinical research staff members in accordance with US Oncology Network SOPs and ICH GCP guidelines. Responsible for ensuring at the administrative level that all research activities are coordinated with affected departments within the practice. Coaches and develops staff. Collaborates in the development of research accountability standards and identifies areas for improvement. Ensures site research quality by practicing in compliance with US Oncology Research, Inc. (USOR) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Primary responsibilities of the Supervisor, Clinical Research include:
- Supervises clinical research staff members who have non-clinical roles within the department, including data coordinators, regulatory coordinators, and finance coordinators, in accordance with USOR SOP and ICH GCP guidelines. Responsible for ensuring at the administrative level that all research activities are coordinated with affected departments within the practice.
- Coaches and develops staff. Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, assessing performance, recommending salary changes, and progressive discipline. Enforces adherence to company policies.
- Collaborates in the development of research accountability standards, metrics, and reports and identifies areas for improvement. Collaborates with site research leader (SRL), upper management, and staff in the implementation of action plans designed to improve practice research operations and quality assurance functions.
- Collaborates with the SRL, physicians of the practice, and other research management in the process of study selection for the research program.
- Collaborates with SRL and upper management on the development of research budgets, financial objectives, and accrual targets.
- May promote or market research program to the practice, community, and referring physicians.
- May coordinate research activities with other (non-USOR) bases or sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a clinical or scientific related discipline required
- Minimum 3 years clinical research experience or scientific related discipline required; oncology experience preferred
- Supervisory/team leadership experience required
- SoCRA or ARCP certification preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, nursing assessment, clinical medicine, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, hematology, oncology as it relates to clinical trials
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.