Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Clinical Trials Office is the oncology service line for Banner Research. The department operates in Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center and Banner Gateway Medical Center. The department conducts Phases I-III treatment clinical trials covering all disease groups with the goal to provide support to the physician investigators and to provide trial treatment options to the patients in a safe and ethical manner, while ensuring compliance to the FDA and institutional regulations.
This position is Monday - Friday no weekends, no holidays!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing assigned protocols. This position includes collecting and recording medical data and history, assisting in patient assessments, and maintaining study files.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides study information and obtains relevant information to and from patients engaged in clinical studies, which includes: assisting in the recruitment and screening of volunteers; registering patients; providing information on clinical trials and protocols to interested participants in a timely and helpful manner; obtaining relevant medical history on candidates by phone and in person; collecting previous relevant medical records data on patient; explaining procedures and consent forms; compiling all information prior to the initial visit; responding to inquiries from study participants or collateral informants in a timely and helpful manner; updating databases with patient information; and/or, performing other related activities.
2. Performs tasks required by protocol, which may include obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, and cognitive assessment on patients. Collects vital signs. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required.
3. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
4. Provides educational information to patients and their families. Serves as a resource and support person for patients and families by being a consistent person they can contact within the clinical research program. Provides information to the patient and family related to the healthcare of the patient such as health maintenance, prevention, and anticipatory guidance relevant to study-related diseases.
5. Ensures uniform implementation of protocols by completing required documentation in a consistent, accurate and timely manner. Assists in preparing appropriate IRB (Institutional Review Board) forms, informed consents, correspondence with sponsor, etc., in an accurate and timely manner. May participate in the annual IRB approval and update process.
6. Serves as a liaison to other departments and programmatic areas, as well as community agencies.
7. Ensures that primary referring physicians receive timely progress notes on the patient's diagnosis and treatment.
8. May assume primary responsibility in the implementation and management of new clinical trials in a knowledgeable and collaborative manner.
9. Department level responsibility. Some positions may have frequent interaction with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and related clinical departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of clinical research methodologies as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelors Degree in a healthcare field.
Incumbents must be working towards obtaining Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Experience typically gained through two to four years clinical research experience. Familiarity with medical and clinical terminology. Must have excellent organizational and task management skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and study information. Ability to maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing practice as well as Institute policies and procedures related to medical and nursing practice. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Possession of Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R843
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.