The Geisinger Musculoskeletal Institute (MSKI) is seeking a Research Coordinator.Under the guidance of the MSKI Research Director, the clinical research coordinator assists providers (Principal Investigators; attending physicians, research fellows, residents) with the development, coordination, and implementation of research projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Uses a variety of tools (both paper-based and online) to document administrative details of research projects
· Trains team members and clinical providers in various research techniques
· Manages student research interns
2. Study Implementation:
· Coordinates the day-to-day activities of research projects
· Creates and reviews study protocols
· Creates or edits standard operating procedures, data collections documents, and informed consent forms
· Handles IRB submissions and other regulatory activities
· Creates and manages study instruments and databases using REDCap and other platforms
· Coordinates and delivers outreach and education to providers, patients, and other key stakeholders
· Recruits, screens, and enrolls study participants
· Conducts research interviews and other data collection activities
· Assists in medical chart reviews and patient registry maintenance
· Performs data entry, quality control, cleaning, and coding
· Coordinates study audits and monitoring visits
· Aids in preparation of study progress reports and other deliverables
· Maintains communication with Principal Investigators, Research Director, study sponsors, and other team members regarding the status of research projects, resource needs, patient care issues, and protocol performance
· Initiates regular meetings with Principal Investigators to provide general research support and planning
· Attends weekly research meetings and other pertinent project or related meetings
· Collaborates with research support departments within Geisinger (e.g. research contracts, sponsored projects, research compliance) to maintain compliance with federal and state regulations, study protocol, and organizational policies and best practices
· Promotes good clinical practices by possessing an in-depth knowledge of federal regulations, study protocols, and guidance documents for the conduct of clinical trials, human subject protection, and data management/security
4. Science and analysis:
· Coordinates with the data analyst in managing data and implementing quality control procedures
· Contributes to preparation of grant applications
5. Performs other duties as required or assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to function with minimal supervision in a clinical research setting
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of the study team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, providers, staff, and study sponsors
· Ability to be discreet with confidential materials and sensitive topics
· Ability to handle multiple, time dependent tasks in a fast paced, complex work environment
· Must be highly motivated, with strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and ability to pay strict attention to detail
· Ability to be flexible with work hours to accommodate scheduling needs of studies
· Proficiency in MS Office; experience with statistical software applications preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with applicable project coordination/research assistant experience required (in a science-related field with medical or clinical research focus with minimum one year applicable experience in project coordination/research assistant position(s) required.)
Master's degree in Public Health or related field and experience with a medical or clinical research focus preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Some travel to other Geisinger locations may be necessary.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to
successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. Geisinger is known for its focus on caring and innovative programs including the ProvenCare® best-practice approach to maximize quality, safety and value; ProvenHealth Navigator® advanced medical home; Springboard Health® population health program to improve the health of an entire community; ProvenExperience™ to provide refunds to patients unhappy with their care experience; and Geisinger’s MyCode® Community Health Initiative, the largest healthcare system-based precision health project in the world. With more than 215,000 volunteer participants enrolled, MyCode is conducting extensive research and returning medically actionable results to participants. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.