RN Team Lead/Clinical Shift Leader, Obstetrics & Mother/Baby, FT-Nights
June 26, 2018
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our unit specializes in caring for both Low and High Risk Obstetrical patients for the management of a variety of clinical conditions. We care for healthy mothers with well babies, as well as for mothers with complex diseases and high risk pregnancies such as: preeclampsia, diabetes, multiple gestation, and fetal anomalies. Vanderbilt nurses provide comfort measures and support to mothers who have suffered intrauterine fetal death (IUFD) and care for high-risk antepartum patients. The Center for Women's Health at Vanderbilt offers many outstanding programs for obstetrical patients including: midwifery care, interpretive services, and on-staff lactation consultants etc.
On our unit we have:
32 inpatient private rooms. Care provided includes the mother and well-baby dyad as well as the antepartum and low and high risk postpartum patients.
Our focus is on creating a family-centered environment with a firm belief that patient safety should always come first. We involve our patients and their families in our bedside assessments and reports, as we strive to keep our patients involved as the most important member of the healthcare team. From the moment a patient arrives on our unit we demonstrate the mission of Vanderbilt: We Care, We Teach, We Learn, We deliver EXCELLENT CARE.
A typical shift for our clinical staff leader involves coordinating the delivery of care for 45 plus patients. Typical duties include making out assignments, acting as resource, and overseeing daily operations and throughput as well as interfacing with the multidisciplinary team. Administrative management provides supportive interaction for a cohort of 20 staff members. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US