Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The Acute Hemodialysis/Apheresis Unit in coordination with a multi- disciplinary team specializes in the treatment of adult and pediatric patients requiring continuous and intermittent hemodialysis procedures as well as therapeutic apheresis, including therapeutic plasmapheresis, leukapheresis, LDL apheresis, therapeutic red cell exchanges and platelet depletions. The unit is comprised of eight beds including two isolation rooms. Remote procedures are performed at the patient's bedside based on acuity level. Outpatient care is also delivered based on medical necessity deemed by providers. Nursing staff work closely with nephrology and transfusion medicine providers to help deliver optimal care to a diverse patient population that primarily consists of the greater Nashville metropolitan area as well as outlying areas in middle Tennessee, eastern and western Tennessee, south central Kentucky and northern Alabama.
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US