At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Sr. Heart Failure Specialist. Working under the supervision of the Field Clinical Affairs Director, and collaborating closely with clinical study leadership, field clinical engineers, field clinical specialists and the commercial HF and MCS teams, the Heart Failure Specialist (HFS) serves as the therapy leader for the HF trials in a specified region, ensuring all predefined milestones are met in compliance with the highest quality standards. The HFS drives the execution of HF trials at enrolling centers, spearheads educational initiatives that increase technology awareness/adoption and trial enrollments, identifies specific barriers, and delivers solutions. Develops and shares best practices and case studies with peers and leadership. As a key image bearer in the Abbott HF Continuum, the HFS remains current in Abbott and competitive heart failure clinical therapies, scientific publications, and reimbursement, while maintaining a general knowledge of company’s products, markets, and policies.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- HF technology and protocol expert at assigned centers in specified geographic region (product education, site identification/qualification, protocol training in concert with FCE/FCS/FCRA, site start up if primary assignment, data collection, etc.)
- Leads collaboration between Abbott stakeholders/resources (FCEs, commercial teams, Medical Directors, etc.) to develop and execute on strategies to improve enrollment/compliance at underperforming sites and maintain strong enrollment and data quality at top performing sites
- Develops quarterly enrollment forecast and reports weekly on progress
- Develops and shares best practices, lessons learned, case studies, and FAQ’s to optimize clinical trial enrollments, data compliance, and quality
- Spearheads local and regional educational symposia and VIP visits for key members of research team
- Assists in identifying key HF opinion leaders and facilities for peer to peer education
- Remains current on developments in HF scientific literature and reimbursement landscape, attends scientific congresses, and reports on key developments
- Collaborates closely with colleagues, study managers and marketing for continuous improvement of study execution, as well as provide input on future HF trials and technologies as needed and formally through the HF Council
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- The applicant should be a licensed nurse practitioner (NP) with an expertise in heart failure management or a RN with equivalent heart failure management experience and expertise
- Must have a thorough understanding and expertise in managing heart failure patients, of heart failure medication titration and hemodynamics
- Influential with Nurse Practitioners managing heart failure
- Understands and can use remote workflow
- Interventional Cardiology experience, publications in the field of expertise as well as podium presence and coding and billing expertise is an added benefit
- Must be able to apply the fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design training programs
- Must have demonstrated written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines as well as the ability to train all levels of students (e.g., sales representatives, physicians, employees, etc.)
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Prefer experience in cardiology, industry, heart failure clinic, or research
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
We are a global, broad-based health care company devoted to discovering new medicines, new technologies and new ways to manage health. Our products span the continuum of care, from nutritional products and laboratory diagnostics through medical devices and pharmaceutical therapies. Our comprehensive line of products encircles life itself - addressing important health needs from infancy to the gold...en years.
Abbott has sales, manufacturing, research and development, and distribution facilities around the world, close to where our customers need us to be. We are recognized for our global reach and our ability to serve our customers around the world.