The Minneapolis VA Pulmonary Section is seeking a research coordinator to join a growing and thriving research program that includes 7 externally funded principal investigators and 5 research coordinators. We are seeking an energetic new coordinator to join our team.
This position will currently be split between two studies. The first is a survey-based qualitative study examining the patient and provider experience of lung cancer screening. The other is a randomized clinical trial studying the effects of a medication for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
* Bachelors degree
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
* 12 or more months previous experience in clinical research
Major job duties will include:
* Identification and enrollment of research study participants
* Completion of required study visit procedures (e.g. vital signs, questionnaires, lung function testing, phone contacts)
* Case report form submissions to data coordinating center
* Maintenance of study binders
* Management of sponsor site visits
* Adverse event reporting to sponsors and regulatory boards/committees
* Management of research study regulatory protocol requirements, including: local and central institutional review boards, research and development committees, and external auditors.
* Participation in section research meetings
* Participation in research study conference calls * Preparing periodic study progress report summaries
This position will be hired through the Minneapolis VA’s non-profit research foundation. We are a highly collegial department, with many opportunities for mentorship, career development, and new projects. If you are interested in this position, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Ken Kunisaki, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Minnesota
Staff Physician, Minneapolis VA Health Care System