The Medical Director provides guidance and recommendations to corporate leadership in matters involving medical and clinical science. He or she is responsible for laboratory reporting, evaluation, interpretation of results, and other services to clients. This individual will also meet CLIA and CAP requirements as a board certified Clinical Consultant.
Successful candidates will possess:
• Medical Doctor with an emphasis on Laboratory Medicine (clinical pathology, clinical chemistry, clinical toxicology, forensic toxicology, molecular diagnostics, or pharmaceutical clinical trials) required
• Additional education to include a Ph.D. in a related scientific field is preferred
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience as a laboratory Medical Director or Project Director for pharmaceutical clinical research trials required; five (5) years of experience preferred
• Tennessee State Medical Director license (or TNDOH eligible) required; with TNDOH eligible status, must apply and achieve licensure within 9 months of hire
• Board Certification, as appropriate
• Must obtain all additional licensures/certifications as required to fill role of Medical Director and Medical Review Officer; must complete all annual CEUs as required to maintain licensure and certification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work on multiple tasks without sacrificing quality, attention to detail, and ability to interact with staff and clients at all levels is required
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Aegis Sciences Corporation is a laboratory services company providing science driven testing and consulting services to healthcare providers, professional and amateur sports organizations, medical
examiners, and employers throughout the United States.