Clinical Research Coordinator Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
Coordinates clinical research and assists with clinical research studies in a rheumatology research clinic setting by interfacing with clinicians, nurses, patients, staff, vendors, and sponsors to enroll patients into clinical trials, collect data, enter data to databases and disseminate information.
1. Physician Interface. Work closely with principal and sub-investigators to conduct clinical research per protocol. Maintain familiarity with inclusion/exclusion criteria and study visit flow to facilitate best match of clinic patients to active studies.
2. Patient Interface. Identify, recruit, and assess patients attending clinic for clinical trials. Assist patients with completing questionnaires, assess forms for completeness, and obtain prior medical records, laboratory results and other records as needed. Obtain informed consent and see patients through all research visits in adherence to HIPAA rules and regulations.
3. Staff Interface. Collaborate with clinic staff, lab personnel, and administrative staff to coordinate care of patients and perform all protocol required procedures. Comply with research clinic SOPs and IRB requirements.
4. Vendor/Sponsor Interface. Attend training and informational meetings, organize and distribute data, ensure completion of all regulatory documents. Maintain knowledge and application of GCP and ICH guidelines.
5. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Bachelors Degree in Health Profession, Physical Science, Biological Science, Nursing and 24 months of clinical practice, nursing, or research coordination experience. Will accept 48 months of equivalent experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
Typically Monday-Friday from 8:30 am-5:00 pm; however, hours may vary depending on workload and patient/participant scheduling
Founded in 1946, the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected nonprofit biomedical research institutes. Located in Oklahoma City, OMRF fosters a worldwide reputation for excellence by following an innovative cross-disciplinary approach to medical research.
OMRF scientists are dedicated to understanding and developing more effective treatments for hum...an disease, focusing on such critical research areas as heart disease, cancer, lupus and Alzheimer’s disease. With more than 700 U.S. and international patents, OMRF ranks among the nation’s leaders in patents per scientist.